29 August 2016
AUSTRALIA -UKRAINE RELATIONS FORUM TO BE HELD IN KYIV TODAY
BUILDING STRONGER PARTNERSHIPS
The Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations (AFUO) is hosting the Australia – Ukraine Forum in Kyiv today, August 29, 2016.
Amongst the participants will be:
- Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia – Mykola Kulinich
- Chargé d’Affaires Australian Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine – Bruce Edwards
- Acting Minister for Health – Ulyana Suprun
- Chair – Foreign Affairs Committee of Verchovna Rada – Hanna Hopko
- CEO – Horizon Capital – Lenna Koszarny
- CEO of American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine – Andy Hunder
- Senior representatives from the Ministries of;
- Foreign Affairs
- Internal Affairs
- Speaker’s office
- Australian business people in Ukraine
“The AFUO is actively involved in a practical way in strengthening bilateral relations. Over the past week we have meet with:
- Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman
- Speaker of the Ukraine Parliament Andrij Parubij,
- President of Ukraine’s’ Administration,
- Ministers of Health, Internal Affairs, Culture, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs, representatives of the Ministry of Economic Development, Education and others
to highlight the importance of seeking practical outcomes and making Australia – Ukraine relations a focus,” Stefan Romaniw Chairman of the AFUO said in Kyiv today.
“Today’s forum should identify practical projects that could be undertaken under our banner – From Rhetoric to Action. Diplomatic, consular, economic and other relations need to be enhanced,” Mr Romaniw said.
“We also will be seeking to argue that strengthening the role of both Embassies -Kyiv and Canberra is a must if we are to achieve real outcomes,” Mr Romaniw said.
“A strong, ongoing Australian Embassy in Kyiv shows political strength and support at this time that Australia continues to support Ukraine against Russian aggression.
The Final Report on the MH 17 tragedy will be released shortly. An ongoing Australian presence in Kyiv is a show of international strength,” Mr Romaniw said.
Further information: Stefan Romaniw +380977486182