For Immediate Release 28 July 2016
“Karpaty Foundation continues to provide further benefits to community…”
The Board & Trustees of The Karpaty Foundation have pleasure in announcing that at its recent meeting to review applications for grants submitted within the scope of the purpose for which the Foundation was established, three (3) applications for grants were considered. To date, the Foundation has now provided some $250,000 in supporting a broad variety of community projects and enabling students to attend various courses at Universities in Ukraine.
The Board/Trustees wish to advise that the core funds currently held by the Foundation are not finite, and the initial $1 Million provided as a result of the merger between Karpaty Ukrainian and Sydney Credit Unions can be increased by direct donations or bequeaths to the Foundation. Your support will allow the Foundation to provide even greater assistance to worthy community projects and to increase the level of scholarships benefiting students in the community to study abroad. Should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact a Director/Trustee at your convenience.
The Karpaty Foundation was established to build a fair, just, creative and caring society, particularly in relation to the Ukrainian community in Australia and in Ukraine by,
- Enriching individual and civic life;
- Improving the lives of people impoverished from social or cultural disadvantage;
- Strengthening democratic values and participation;
- Promoting creativity, innovation, tolerance, and the fulfilment of potential for the betterment and improvement of community values in society, with a focus on:
- Education & Scholarship; Arts & Humanity; Welfare & Wellbeing; Sustainability and Environment; Heritage & Society; Special Projects (such as Leadership in Society) as may be determined from time to time.
Grants were allocated to one (1) applicant for a specific project that had been outlined in their respective application. The successful applicant in this round was:
- Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Australia (Melbourne) – to purchase materials in conducting courses/classes in Ukrainian Embroidery.
Application Forms for grants and scholarships are available on-line at: www.scu.net.au/karpaty
Should you wish to contact the Directors/Trustees, please send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Wal Woytowych – 0412 906 647 Jaroslav Duma OAM – 0417 655 621